Help Highline Public Schools retire the Tyee High Totem mascot with families, staff, alumni, community members and friends of Tyee on Thursday, July 21 from 6-8 p.m. at Tyee High School .
At this event, you can also learn about the design of Integrus Architecture’s new school and learn about the November bond that would fund the construction of a new school.
Everyone is welcome.
This event will include:
- A presentation in the cafeteria will remove the Totem and introduce the Titan mascot.
- Tyee alum Robin (Foster) Adams, Class of 1971 compiled a story about the Totem mascot on his blog.
- See the new home of many Totem objects, which will be on display at the Highline Heritage Museum later this year.
- Hear from our Native Education Program staff about the state law governing this transition and the district process that was guided by input from the Muckleshoot Tribe.
- Hear the students’ thoughts behind choosing their new mascot, with a nod to history, and join us in supporting their school’s Tyee pride well into the future.
- Tour the campus, including the library and gymnasium.
SEE THE NEW SCHOOL DESIGN AND LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NOVEMBER SCHOOL VOUCHER
See and ask questions about Tyee High School’s new architectural design by Integrus Architecture, which will be used to build a new school if Highline voters approve the next school bond on November 8, 2022.
WHEN: Thursday, July 21, 6-8 p.m. The presentation will begin at 6:15 p.m. in the cafeteria, followed by a tour of the library, gymnasium and campus to view the artwork and Totem objects before their delivery to the museum – and to see the current conditions of the building.
WHERE Tyee High School Cafeteria, courtyard, library and gym
WHO: Tyee families, staff, alumni and community members
RSVP: Learn more and RSVP here: