Geneos Therapeutics, a clinical stage company based in Plymouth Meeting, Pa. focused on developing personalized cancer immunotherapies targeting tumor neoantigens, closed its Series A1 funding round by raising $ 12 million in funding.
The round was led by Korea Investment Partners (KIP) – Global Bio Fund with participation from existing investors Santé Ventures and Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: INO). In addition to the financing, Mr. Sangwoo Lee, Managing Director of Korea Investment Partners – USA Inc. joined the Geneos Board of Directors.
The proceeds will be used for the expansion of the business:
- Phase Ib / IIa GT-30 clinical trial evaluating its personalized vaccine targeting neoantigens,
- GNOS-PV02, for the treatment of patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), a type of liver cancer.
Led by Dr. Niranjan Y. Sardesai, Founder and CEO, Geneos Therapeutics develops personalized cancer therapies using its GT-EPIC ™ platform to target unique neoantigens (abnormal mutations produced by cancer cells) from individual tumors of patients.
The Company’s GT-EPIC ™ neoantigen targeting platform is based on clinically validated DNA-based drug technology exclusively licensed from Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: INO) for use in the development of personalized immunotherapies targeting neo-antigens. Inovio technology has been used widely and safely by Inovio Pharmaceuticals in the clinical treatment of patients with over 2,000 patients treated and over 6,000 administrations.
The company also announced the expansion of its management team with the addition of:
- Ms. Joann Peters as Vice-President, Clinical and Commercial Operations
- Dr Alfredo Perales-Puchalt, MD, Ph.D as Vice President, Research and Development
- Dr Hakim Hammach, Ph.D, MBA as Vice President, Business Development
- Ms. Federica O’Brien as Strategic Funding Consultant / CFO